Code of Ethics
In order to protect your hobby it’s important to follow the metal detecting code of ethics-
1. Follow all local, state, and federal laws related to metal detecting.
2. Respect private property and never metal detect an area without permission.
3. Pack out what you pack in, and properly dispose of any trash you find.
4. Leave all gates, structures, and personal property as they were before.
5. Fill in every hole you dig. Leave no trace you were there.
6. Never dig in a way that harms vegetation, wildlife, or changes natural features.
7. Report any significant historical artifacts to local authorities.
8. Be an ambassador for the hobby by being courteous and thoughtful at all times.